Flickr

My Ingenuity. My Obsession. My Guild.


This is my guild, my most favorite place in the Multiverse. It was said that: "The Izzet are obsessive experimenters, the epitome of keen creative intellect combined with an unfortunately short attention span. The original mandate of the Izzet guild was to provide solutions for public works projects (sewers, boilers, roadways), but their experiments often produce mana geysers, spatial rifts, or arcane portals instead.". When I discovered this, I was immediately hooked. Not to mention that I consistently ended up in the League after taking the guild quiz.

Blue and Red are the colors of this guild. Calm thinking with obsessive curiosity. Explosive actions with anticipated results. That is my style of Magic: control with blue, burn with red. Fire and lightning, ice and wind: for me, the most delicious combo. 

Here is one of my most favorite examples of Izzet aggression, with three of some of my favorite cards:

Djinn Illuminatus:



Which reads: 


Flying
Each instant and sorcery spell you cast has replicate. The replicate cost is equal to its mana cost. (When you cast it, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)


Which means it gives all instants and sorceries you control the power to duplicate itself. Imagine doing this to a lightning bolt, for example.


Wee Dragonauts

Which reads:

   Flying
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Wee Dragonauts gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

Which means its get powered-up every time you cast an instant or sorcery. But remember: replicated spells do not count as an instance on the stack, so replicating a bolt three times would still only give the Dragonauts +2/+0.

Screaming Fury


Which reads:

 Target creature gets +5/+0 and gains haste until end of turn.

The basic pump spell.
                                 
 
I'm pretty sure by now you see the combo, right? By the turn you cast the Illuminatus, you will have had seven or so mana available on the board, that's for a minimum of three replicates for the Screaming Fury. You cast the Fury on the Dragonauts, replicating it three times. By the order on the stack, the +15/+0 comes in first, making the Dragonauts a devastating 16/3 flyer. Then its ability resolves, and it becomes an 18/3 flyer. If you're opponent is unprepared, he's in for a real whopper.


0 comments: